After having spent a lot of time and money on a home or business renovation, the amount of post-remodel dirt, dust and debris that is left behind after the workers leave can feel overwhelming. If you’ve never hired a professional housecleaning service before, now’s the time!
Post-Remodel: What Can You Expect?
When it comes to post-remodel housecleaning, clients can expect a comprehensive and detailed cleaning service that focuses on transforming their space into a pristine and comfortable environment.
Hiring a professional cleaning service will ensure that there are no screws, nails and other materials laying around the house, no debris that may stick to your shoes and no drywall in random places.
What are the Three Phases of Post-Remodel or Post-Construction Cleaning?
Phase 1 – The Rough Clean
The rough cleaning phase takes place during the construction or renovation project’s final stages. It focuses on removing the major debris, dust, and construction materials left behind by the builders. The key tasks involved in the rough cleaning phase include:
- Removing large construction debris, such as wood scraps, drywall remnants, and packaging materials.
- Sweeping and vacuuming the floors to eliminate loose dust and dirt.
- Cleaning windowsills, frames, and tracks to remove excess dust and debris.
- Wiping down surfaces, including countertops, appliances, and fixtures, to remove surface-level dust and grime.
The purpose of rough cleaning is to create a foundation for the subsequent phases by eliminating the bulk of the construction-related mess.
Phase 2 – The Final Clean
The final cleaning phase takes place after the construction work is completed. This phase involves a more detailed and meticulous cleaning to prepare the space for occupancy or use. The primary objectives of the final cleaning phase include:
- Removing fine dust and debris from all surfaces, including walls, ceilings, light fixtures, and baseboards.
- Cleaning and sanitizing all kitchen and bathroom surfaces, including countertops, sinks, showers, toilets, and fixtures.
- Thoroughly cleaning windows, glass surfaces, and mirrors to ensure a streak-free finish.
- Sweeping, vacuuming, and mopping all floors, paying attention to corners and hard-to-reach areas.
- Polishing stainless steel appliances and fixtures to restore their shine.
- Conducting a thorough inspection to ensure that no areas have been overlooked and that the cleaning meets the desired standards.
Phase 3 – Touch-Up Cleaning
The touch-up cleaning phase is the last stage of post-construction cleaning and is often performed just before the client’s final walkthrough or handover. This phase focuses on addressing any remaining minor cleaning tasks or touch-ups to ensure that every detail is attended to. The touch-up cleaning phase may include:
- Spot cleaning of walls or surfaces to remove any marks or stains.
- Dusting and cleaning of hard-to-reach areas that may have been missed during the previous phases.
- Polishing of glass surfaces or stainless steel to ensure a flawless finish.
- Addressing any specific cleaning requests or concerns from the client.
The touch-up cleaning phase ensures that any last-minute cleaning needs are met, providing a final polish to the space before it is handed over to the client.
By following these three phases of post-construction cleaning, Domestica can deliver a comprehensive cleaning service that transforms your construction site, home or office into a clean, safe, and inviting space for occupancy or use.
For more information or to book your post-remodel cleaning appointment, get in touch today!